“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Watching the World Cup Final in South Africa


If you had told me four years ago that at the next World Cup I would be watching the final in the host country I would not have believed it. Yet here I am sitting with Victor (my host), Neo (Victor's oldest son), Palesa, (middle daughter), Tankiso, (youngest daughter) and Tefo (Victor's nephew) watching the match. So that must mean I am destined for Brazil in 2014 right? Tomorrow is a full day where I travel into town to tour the Department of Education in Bloemfontein. Also, all of the students and teachers are returning in preparation for school on Tuesday. By the way, be careful what you wish for. It is cold here and the winter coat I bought is a necessity and Victor gave me a space heater and offered extra blankets. One last thing, the stars of the Southern Hemisphere are so beautiful! There are no lights for miles because the school is so rural, so you can see everything, even the Milky Way.

1 comment:

  1. Caroline,
    It all sounds so beautiful and exciting! We are so happy for you! Can't wait to hear about your first day of school!!
    Love, Mommy and Daddy

    ReplyDelete