“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Friday, July 9, 2010

Arrived! Sort of . . .


Here is my new friend at the reception desk, who by far had the best hat and World Cup Spirit! After exchanging a "Cleveland Rocks" pin with him he let me take his picture with the life size leopard stuffed mascot of the World Cup in the lobby - in his own words "now my picture will fly all over the world!" I am staying overnight in Johannesburg because I missed my connection to Bloemfontein but this picture made it all worth it. Going tomorrow to meet my host Victor and see the school that will be my home for the next 12 days.

2 comments:

  1. Caroline,
    So happy you finally made it; at least to South Africa! What a cute picture of your new friend, he looks thrilled! Send us a picture of your new school as soon as you can.
    Love, Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Caroline -
    I'm glad you are there now! Great story and I love that you are handing out "Cleveland Rocks" pins. Stay safe and enjoy!
    Love, Nancy

    ReplyDelete