“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Landing in Bloemfontein


As soon as I saw Victor, his wife, and two daughters (16 and 11) at the airport, all of my anxiety about my stay here vanished. They are the nicest, most gracious and thoughtful hosts you could imagine. After spending some time in Bloemfontein: shopping to pick out a warmer coat for me at the huge indoor mall (Victor's wife helped me find a very "smart" one which I take to mean "put together" ), eating in the food court while everyone intently watches a rugby match between the Springboks and All Blacks, and picking up some grocery essestials for me so I have something besides ramen noodles and cheese crackers, we make the hour long drive to Tweespruit and the school.

No comments:

Post a Comment