“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Greetings from Tweespruit!


I learn on the ride over that I have been pronouncing the town name wrong! haha. The ending "spruit" rhymes with "eat" with a "spr" sound at the front. The landscape that passes by as we drive on the left hand side of the road looks like Monument Valley in the Southwest, but I am assured that it looks completely different in the summer, very green. Arriving at the school I see that there are several buildings that make up classrooms and offices, and separate buildings that house some students that live too far to travel to school each day, along with housing for teachers. I am shown my guest house which is fully stocked with a refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker, yea! The space is huge, and I also have a bedroom, bathroom and extra room for sitting. I settle in and take some pictures (having trouble adding them now because of the Internet connection), unpack, and take a very needed nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment